Monday, January 19, 2009

A Wreath On Main

I moved to Memphis about four years ago and one night while I was visiting a part of downtown that appears to struggle through necessary urban renewal projects I found myself gazing at this place called the Lorraine Motel... "hello" I had to say to myself out loud once I realized where I was. It was the spot where one of the greatest Americans died and becasue of him what will unfold tomorrow, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 will not be a dream!


Friday eveing, easing down Main with friends and strangers.
Gallery one, nice glassware, hot boy, cheap champagne.


Friday evening, easing down Main with feigns and bangers.
Gallery two, rasta-man speaks, good water, shares his pain.

Friday evening, easing down Main with love and hate.
Gallery three, fat lady makes love to old picture, cheap bourbon, asks if I want to hide on Main.

Friday evening, easing down Main with lonely spirits not nowing the innate.
Gallery four, empty space with a hollow pop, holy wine that smells like blood, across the street from that wreath hanging on the rail like a bullseye at the Lorraine.

Friday evening, the stroll down Main ended on the Fourth of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment