Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wow! All of the ranting I do doesn't even pale in comparison to the travesty that has unfolded before our eyes in Haiti. If the pain and suffering occurring there does not bring you to your knees then I feel for your soul.

This is awful! I can barely bring myself to rehearse my daily morning ritual of watching the news after I have dressed and tended to my proper rights without crying... 200,000 dead, numerous amputees, and unknown orphans, widows, widowers, etc. You know when your heart actually hearts and I almost think that for the first time I know what a true broken heart feels like. It hurts! I almost feel guilty...no, I do feel guilty.

I curl up in my warm bed and eat my food and en passant think of a devastated soul in Haiti. My heart cries for them and can only ask that whatever supernal being is listening will provide any comfort available immediately to the victims. The images should remind us of our very nice and neat comfort we have been granted.

If you find yourself drying an eye or holding back a flood of tears please use the American Redcross text option for aid to Haiti - text "HAITI" to 90999 and you wil be prompted for a donation. This option is by far one of the easiest and is secure. The bad thing with someone like me is that it is too easy so the number appears more than a few times in my call history. There is the normal bottleneck of time that will hold up the funds, some say 60-90 days, but it obviously will still be needed. Verizon, once again making me glad I have not "traded them in" in the last TEN years has advanced ALL donations through them as of Friday night!!! It was around $3 million of the total $27 million.

If you don't have the money and you are still reading then you are alright becasue you must care and one of the best things you can do is ask for the Haitians to be comforted in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment